Friday, June 23, 2006

A busy vacation

My first week of unemployment has turned out to be a lot busier than I'd expected.

Planning an itinerary for my upcoming Italy trip is taking a surprisingly long time because there are so many towns in Tuscany that I want to visit, but so little time. Given that I'm spending about 5 days in Tuscany, I think the towns I've finally settled on for sure are Sienna, Greve in Chianti and San Gimigniano in addition to Florence. Cramming anything more than these into the itinerary is going to make the trip too hectic. Of course, since we're going to be driving around Tuscany, I'm sure there will be many impulsive detours, rendering the itinerary useless. Btw, please send in your suggestions if you have any, especially with regard to places to eat in Milan, Florence and Tuscany.

I hung out with Marina on Tuesday (we had lunch at some diner-ish place, and lazed around in Central Park for a few hrs), and have been watching the World Cup religiously (about the only time I watch soccer, sadly). I also did something very decadent and went clubbing in the middle of the week with a friend who's between jobs right now (it's been a long time since I've partied during the week).

On the Stern front, a bunch of things are scheduled to happen next week. Similar to the Lehman workshop, Merrill and Credit Suisse have IB workshops for women as part of their diversity recruiting efforts. The workshop is to introduce women to the various facets of IBanking. I'd applied to both workshops, and got accepted to the Merrill workshop which is scheduled for June 29th. While I'm still not entirely sure IB's the thing for me (even in S&T), it doesn't hurt to learn more about it.

Stern's organized a Summer Party on June 28th. It feels like the networking is already in full swing. So far, we've had a bunch of informal Happy Hours, two official events and now a third one, and school hasn't even started yet!

So, 2 events right before I leave for Italy (I take off on the 30th). Busy week ahead.

Other than that, my Fin & Accounting assessments are due in early August, so I figured I should finally start working on those. I've covered a couple of chapters so far. It's not tough, but there is a lot of material to cover, so I'm beginning to feel a bit nervous about completing it on time.

That's it till I get back from Italy. Ciao!

6 comments:

Forrest Gump said...

that's a fine itinerary. have fun.

BigAppleNosh said...

Sounds like fun! I'll be travelling through Tuscany as well!

What is your email address so we can keep in touch? You can email my wheresmydessert gmail if you want. =o)

Marina said...

It was great meeting you. Next time (once I am all moved in) we'll grab Whereismydessert and get some dessert :)

Marina said...

Nah. I just emailed Lisa that I am not going to make it. Now that I know it is not for me 100% someone else should have a chance :)

MJ said...

europe is all about partying during the week. have fun in italy!

i've rediscovered my long forgotten love for soccer. i didn't have much of a choice with a billion people talking about it all the time.

MBA Cutie said...

In Milan, at one end of via napoleone, there is a huge collection of cafes with incredible food... you should also check out goya 69 and light... both very trendy and fabulous food.