Thursday, April 27, 2006

Damnation of the Procrastinators

I'm at that stage now where most other mba applicants were 3 months ago - refreshing email 10 times a day (yeah, it's down from 10 times/hr to 10 times/day) to check for status updates. Alas! No other bloggers share my plight (except maybe those on the waitlist at various schools). It's lonely out here in status-limbo land.

To clarify (since "TICK TOCK..." isn't really descriptive), here was the timeline of both my apps:

Stern:
Submitted: Feb 24th
Invited to Interview: Mar 2nd (You like me! You really like me!)
Interviewed: Mar 9th
Admitted: Mar 22nd

Columbia:
Submitted: Mar 3rd
Status Change: Under Review on Mar 16th

This is not to say that I'm not super-excited about Stern; it's just that not knowing is really frustrating. I need CLOSURE dammit! I wish Columbia would concoct more intermediate statuses (statii?), just so we have slightly more frequent updates to fret about ("application printed", "application under review", "application filed under not-another-indian-software-engineer category", "application to be considered only if the other 999 I/S/Es decide to go to W/Chi/K etc.").

Anyway, in the meantime, there's always the ever contentious, never dull BW forums to keep me distracted. Oh, and work too, I guess. There's a looming deadline and it's the last thing I want to do right now.

In other news, I did have a talk with my boss, and they did offer me a pretty substantial raise, but not a different role (which would've been much more enticing than the raise), so I think I'm going to stick to my current plan. Hopefully, I won't regret it.

Lastly, congratulations to all the Best Of Blogging bloggers out there!!

9 comments:

i_will_make_it said...

Yes, the waiting period is the most stressful. Hope to hear good news from you soon!

MJ said...

know what you mean about the wait! it was only slightly over a month ago (seems a lot longer!)that i was walking around like a zombie, after hours spent staring at my comp screen, agonizing over my wharton decision.

all the best for colombia!

qzoink said...

Funny!

MBABlogger said...

Hey Desi Gal good luck to you .. here is anothr desi guy joining the race for next fall :) and stern is on my list too ..Would get back to you sometime later to get some gyaan..

MBABlogger said...

You are very right :) Its kind of scary at tiimes to see ppl with such profile around .. better it is to avoaid all that and tell my own story ..
I looked at stern and it appeared as if it has very few options for ppl planning to get into consulting/ IT Business Development.. Its all fin fin fin :) still trying to figure out more about career options other than fin..

BigAppleNosh said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope to see you at Stern in the fall! =o)

Unknown said...

Good luck for Columbia...

BW has become an evil addiction for me too...:)

Forrest Gump said...

Congratulations on Stern, and all the best for Columbia. Hopefully you will get in there as well, and then have the luxury to choose.

Unknown said...

Good luck for Columbia. Hoping you get in.