Saturday, April 22, 2006

Dangling the Carrot

Earlier this week, I spoke to my boss about going back to bschool fulltime. Told him I hadn't decided yet, but would let him know in a couple of weeks for sure. At the time, he merely expressed the usual sentiments - "we'll miss you around here", "we hope you'll come back and work for us postMBA" etc.

Today, he sent me an instant message telling me that the company would like to offer me more exciting projects to choose from, as well as more exciting compensation, and that they want me to give serious consideration to sticking around. No details were divulged, but I have to face yet another meeting next week.

Kinda exciting! Makes me a bit uneasy to know that my opportunity cost is about to increase.

So, question for the day - for how much would you be willing to walk away from a bschool offer?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey congrats on NYU Stern..awesome school..did u get into Columbia too?

DesiGalNYC said...

Thanks! No news yet from Columbia. I applied to both schools super-late (end of Feb), so I'm hoping, but it's not looking very good right now.

angie said...

It really depends if you like your job and see yourself spending many more years there or not! Judging from your current reading list it looks like you're determined to head to Wall Street!